Flu Vaccine Available
October 01, 2014
Seasonal flu vaccine available (6 months and older)
- You may make a flu clinic appointment at your local facility, or call centralized appointments at 909-335-4105.
- Adult and pediatric flu shots and intranasal flu vaccine are available. The thermisol-free flu vaccine for pregnant women will be available in November.
- If you have an upcoming regular appointment with your physician, you will be offered the flu shot at that time.
Learn more about the flu and prevention
- Protection: The seasonal flu vaccine protects against three seasonal flu viruses, including the novel H1N1 flu virus. The nasal spray flu vaccine has four seasonal viruses.
- Options: A flu shot created from an inactivated virus is available to people 6 months and older.
A nasal spray created from live viruses is also available to healthy people between 2 years to 49 years of age.
- Who needs a flu shot: Seasonal vaccination is recommended every year for people over 6 months of age. It is especially important for people at high risk of serious flu complications including pregnant women, nursing moms, young children, people with chronic health conditions and all people 65 years and older. People who care for or live with high risk people should also get vaccinated, including health care workers.
- Effective: On average, the flu shot provides about a 75% effectiveness in reducing flu-related hospitalizations.